Tuesday, August 16, 2011

And so it begins....

So I've been asked to post some of my recipes...  So in my infinite wisdom I've decided to start a cooking blog.  Not sure how often it will be updated but I will try to make it different from the deluge of other cooking blogs out there by giving you the back story, costs and pictures of the meals I'll be cooking.

Now about my cooking background....  I have none.  I was living with my wife in Finley WA (for those of you that don't know the area be thankful) and our meals consisted of Taco Bell and KFC every night.  Then the miracle of BBQ week on Food Network happened and I was hooked.  I went out to our scrap heap (yes, in Finley everyone has a scrap heap)  and I fashioned together a BBQ out of an old hot water heater, a hubcap, and some old pieces of metal. 

After that I began to explore other cooking techniques that didn't involve me standing out in the snow cooking red meat.  Since that fateful week I have been building a cooking repertoire that rivals that of your grandma cooking Sunday Supper... 

Now most of my stuff isn't low calorie, or fat free..  But it is Flavorly (my wife's most used word when it comes to my cooking) and usually not to difficult to make.  And just remember, if the food is made with love, no matter how bad it tastes, your family will appreciate the effort. 

I will post pics of tonight's dinner in a few hours.











1 comment:

  1. Well said, but I just love the phrase that "if the food is made with love, no matter how bad it tastes, your family will appriciate the effort." Could someone please tell my husband and kids that? :-)

    ReplyDelete